Creative Director and Partner (Experiential, Photo Marketing)
EventsTag is a software business at heart, who have created the industry’s most advanced and customisable photo marketing and social amplification platform. Our technology has powered putting Tweets onto the roof of the O2, creating 360 GIFs for Microsoft, designing influencer content for Adidas at their store openings and sending Instagram powered physical postcards for Google at their Silicon Valley headquarters.
Our customers are experiential marketing agencies, normally working for entertainment focussed consumer brands. Our offering is customisable technology driven experiences that inspires attendees at events to post content to social media. Half of the platform is some of the most innovative photo marketing experiences in the brand space that instantly provide attendees with shareable content and the other half is unique live interactions that inspires fans to post the content to social media. The technology is all built in house in our London base but is sold across the world.
Our offices span across the United States and here in London with partners based around the world in Dubai, Sydney and Sao Paulo. These offices are full of client services teams with a network of experiential agency contacts. They are our constantly being sent briefs for brands such as Nike, O2, Facebook, Google, Adidas, Vogue and Smirnoff on new ways to use our technology.
With a rapidly growing team and an ever-expanding client base, we’re looking for a talented, Creative Director to jump aboard and drive our growth trajectory through the roof. We’re looking for someone to not just be part of the team, but to help lead the business. Your role will cover helping the accounts team answer new briefs from brands across the world, devise new productise our technology and owning our brands identity.
You should be passionate about experiential marketing, photography and working with a startup. You will need to be an experienced creative director or production manager within a photo marketing business or experiential agency and you’ll need to have the passion to want to own the creative output of our clients activations and our own product base.
But what will you really do?
- Work with the senior management and sales / delivery teams to answer client briefs and come up with new concepts and products.
- Work with the senior management team to devise new products and services that will inspire social media content generation at brand experiences.
- Work with the production team to ensure that every activation we do meets our high standard of creative execution.
- Manage the design of innovative content creation concepts for client activations. Some of our products you’ll be working on include green screen photography and videos, 360 photos / videos, Animated GIFs and 3D face masks.
- Develop the UX and design for our web app and our individual products to ensure a seamless user experience and maximise the quantity of content that is generated.
- Create bespoke pitch decks and presentations for clients.
- Manage a junior designer / artworker to create and implement client designs.
- Create and manage design templates for each of our products to ensure clients, delivery staff or freelancers can create high quality custom executions
- Attend major client event experiences to ensure the creative matches expectations.
- Work with the delivery teams to implement creative and approve on site executions.
First up, the basics:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- You must be able and willing to work flexible hours when required.
- You must have 3 - 5 years of design experience
- You must have excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite
- You must have experience and knowledge of photography and videography.
Now for the good stuff:
- You should be highly motivated: a self-starter with buckets of initiative.
- You should have a passion for experiential technology, either having worked for a photo marketing business or an experiential agency in the past or having extensive insight into the industry.
- You should have knowledge of creating 3D models for set design and our face tracking app.
- Extensive understanding of project management and communication tools such as Asana, Google sheets and drive, Assembla, Slack, Zeplin, InVision etc.
- You should be a team player, willing to help out with all aspects of the North American team's workload.
- Experience managing a team and recruiting employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- You should have a genuine interest in social media, photography, videography, and interactive technology.
- You should have the ability to work across multiple tasks at any one time and deliver with speed and accuracy
And now for our wish list! The dream Head of Creative
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Familiarity with creative/experiential agency workflows and expectations.
- Have hands on experience with photo marketing technology.
- Have a great sense of humour who is prepared for a hands on approach in the office, in the field, & on the ping pong table!
- The opportunity to help take a Company from a small start up to a world-renowned business
- £60,000 + annual base salary
- Option package
- Opportunity to become an option holder in the business
- Comprehensive welcome package + personal laptop selection (Mac or PC).
- Subsidized trips across the pond to New York
- Breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit and unlimited cold beer.
- A day off on your birthday!
- Weekly happy hours & social events with the team
- 1 year work anniversary rewards
- 20 days annual paid holiday.