PHP / Node.js
We are an event technology company creating pioneering experiences for some of the largest brands in the world by pushing the boundaries of what is possible using web technologies. With a close knit, multi-disciplined development team and an ever-expanding client base, we’re looking for a talented developer to jump aboard and help us achieve our aim of making EventsTag the best possible solution for event organisers to create, monitor and amplify the social media content that their guests are posting. Nicely settled into our cool shared offices at the Ministry of Sound in Elephant & Castle in South London, within easy reach of many different transport links you will be working on many products using the best technologies for the job.
So what exactly will you be doing?
- Building new products, immersive experiences and impressive new features using bleeding edge technologies like Electron, NodeJS, Webpack, React, Redux, Yarn, Canvas, WebGL, three.js and more.
- Mashing up interesting APIs like Dropbox, Twilio, Instagram, Twitter and loads more
- Integrating the experiences into our backend system, built on PHP/Symfony2.
- Playing a role in thinking up awesome new features for our rapidly growing user base.
First up, the basics:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be able and willing to work flexible hours when necessary
- You must have at least 4 years commercial experience
Now for the technical stuff:
- Highly proficient in NodeJS, including integrations with other server-side processes outside of Node
- Node tools like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack/npm/Yarn
- Knowledge of a composer-based PHP framework, preferably Symfony (or alternatively C++/Python)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, TDD and agile development
And now for our wishlist! The dream developer...
- Loves playing with new integrations and trying out new libraries
- Has experience tinkering with Raspberry Pi / Arduino / Kinect
- Knows about 3D/2D image processing using three.js, OpenCV, WebGL
- Is a real team player with great social skills
- Is a self-starter with buckets of initiative
- Has a sense of humour and a gif for every occasion
What’s in it for you?
- £45-50,000 base salary (based on experience) tiered to grow with the company
- 23 days annual paid holiday
- Comprehensive welcome package, including a laptop
- A day off on your birthday!
- Subsidised trips across the pond to New York
- Working in a multi-disciplined, highly-skilled development team where everyone learns from each other and has an opportunity to try new things outside their expertise
- Regular happy hours and social events with the team
- Breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit and unlimited hot brews
- 1 year work anniversary rewards
- Attendance at world-recognised events including SXSW in Austin, TX or Adobe Summit in Europe